Protein shakes are incredibly useful for reaching your daily protein requirements particularly in the earlier stages after surgery where portion sizes are small and getting enough nutrition on board is a real challenge. They’re also great for those who aren’t so fond of breakfast, but want to get a kick start on their protein and fluid intake for the day. I used a vanilla whey protein in this recipe, however pea, egg white or soy protein powders can be substituted based on individual preference.
- Prep: 05 Minutes
- 200ml chilled water
- 200ml calci trim or unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen boysenberries
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until well combined
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately