If you haven’t tried legume pasta before, this is a great recipe to test it out. This is intended to be a quick and easy puree option that tastes great but still offers a good amount of protein. I used red lentil brown rice pasta, however a chickpea or green split pea pasta would also work quite well.
If you’ve transitioned to ’normal’ textures, double the recipe, skip the blending part, and add some roasted eggplant, zucchini and capsicum alongside.
NOTE: when reheating individual portions, add a teaspoon of water per serve if needed to loosen the puree up
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Portions: Makes 6x 1/4 cup serves
- 200ml tomato based pasta sauce (look for one with <5g total sugar per 100g or make your own)
- 75g fresh mozarella
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (I used basil and parsley)
- 85g legume pasta (I used lentil brown rice pasta)
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil and add a some salt
- Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to the packet directions
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce by blending the pasta sauce, mozarella, herbs, salt and pepper together
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, rinse under cold water to cool and add to the blender along with the water
- Blitz until smooth