Vegetables during the pre-op stage don’t have to be boring. Roasting vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower gives them a delicious char like flavour. If you haven’t tried this before, give it a go! I bet you’ll never go back to steamed cauliflower again.
If you are in the post-op stage, you may like to add a tin of drained and rinsed chickpeas partway through the cooking process and sprinkle some crumbled feta on top with the onions and coriander before serving.
- Prep: 15 Minutes
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon sumac
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius, fan bake
- Place the sliced onions in a small bowl and pour the vinegar on top, set aside
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and spread the florets out on top
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, then sprinkle the spices on top and stir to combine
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until tender and starting to char.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and set aside
- Drain the onions, then sprinkle over the cauliflower along with the coriander