This recipe is ideal for the puree or soft dietary stages after bariatric surgery. The ingredients blend easily to form a light and smooth consistency and the ricotta and yoghurt both provide a source of protein. For a refreshing breakfast option that is not too sweet, give this quick and easy recipe a go.
If you are in the soft dietary stage, an extra segment of pear, diced and added on top can be a nice addition. This option is great for taking to work in a small container.
- Prep: 5 Minutes
- Portions: 0.75 Cups
- 125g ricotta
- 2 tbsp plain, unsweetened high protein yoghurt (any variety)
- 3 pieces tinned pear (lite, no added sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + extra for sprinkling on top
- Using a mini food processor or stick blender, blend all the ingredients together until completely smooth
- Divide into ramekins and sprinkle with extra cinnamon to serve